Today was supposed to be a day of rest. It started out restful with a few errands and then turned touristy, but who can resist being a tourist in a city like Seattle?! I seemed to be the only one in the family really dragging today; the three others picked me up with their enthusiasm and constant smiles!
First, we shopped a lovely local Carpet store. We are trying to order carpet via, Kodiak Flooring, by picking something out here in Seattle and having them order it in time to install before our house hold goods are delivered. Have I also mentioned that I haven't seen the house yet?! Its tough. This carpet store was really helpful even though they knew up front we weren't going to buy from them. I think the quote of the carpet trip was "Did you know that display the girls are twirling on costs $1800"
Next, the US Postal Service. I have now been to post offices in several states and the range of services and postal employees is VAST. Today was pretty successful.
Pikes Place Market -- I want to say its like every other large city market (i.e Philadelphia Reading Market, Boston Faneuil Hall) with flowers, food, crafts etc.. but this one had its own energy with more market vendors and less food stalls. It was lovely and crowded. We had fun picking out dinner and listening to the fish mongers. We didn't see anyone throw a fish but we did see them throw two Dungeonous Crabs (Cost 50.00), and a bunch of t-shirts. We did not buy the crabs, but I feel like some other unsuspecting person did....
It was decision time, more sightseeing or head home. We went to lunch at Elliot's Oyster House on the Pier and then Seattle Aquarium. The Aquarium was a great size and we saw fish we hadn't seen in any other aquarium, and I've been to a bunch of them... A huge halibut, giant sturgeon, napoleon wrasse, and a group of sea otters. We were lucky to see the Otters have dinner. It was amazing how many little mussels they could put on their bellies and crack open. I wouldn't want to race them in a shucking contest!
We met a gentleman who had visited Kodiak Island to hunt and an ex-football player who started out in the European leagues and had played for Frankfort Galaxy, Patriots and the Seahawks. Of course, we didn't get his name :(.
It was cloudy and very cool today. Only 65! Tomorrow promises a trip out to Bainbridge Island and some beach time.
 |
| Totem Pole at the Park |
 |
| Flowers |
 |
| Golden Pig |
 |
| Famous Fish Throwers...can you see the Crab? |
 |
| First Starbucks |
 |
| Touch tank |
 |
| A very Large Clam |
 |
| Sea Otter |
No comments:
Post a Comment