Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween Kodiak Style

Carving Pumpkins








Molly's Class Parade




Belle Trying to look sophisticated, since she has lipstick on










Obviously, I have not blogged in a couple of weeks, because I put the pictures on first and can't seem to figure out how to add the type up front. Oh well.  Now as the reader you get the "Treat" of the Pictures before the "Trick" of the type.

We have enjoyed October, especially the end of the month. There have been fall festivals, a small pumpkin patch, two school fairs, and then the trick or treat of October 31st.  Most of the people on the Island are asking "Where is the Snow."  Luckily,  we haven't seen any and the temps have been warm and rainy. Actually, there is snow in the higher mountains and it lovely to look up and see their white peaks framing the town.

We have also been lucky to have several night of the Aurora Borealis, unfortunately, I am never awake to see it!  The Aurora has to be seen on a clear night and you have to plan on waking up about  midnight and heading outside to check it out.  I have signed up for the alerts online and will try and get a few photos of the next one, as its a must see!

So, this year we had a vampire bride and Belle.  I tried hard to convince Amelia to tag along and be a witch, but she is a Belle at heart.  She loves a good princess movie and high heels.  Molly loves to be girly, but has a dark side with a fascination with vampires, zombies and all things scary.  Or maybe its a look into the edgy punk rocker side...who knows. It will be fun and/or challenging to see what personalities she explores as she grows up.

The town of Kodiak has trick or treating downtown for the kids.  Each business opens up and its a wild, fun, and crazy afternoon.  There were so  many kids and the girls got a ton of loot!  We had a lovely Halloween party at the neighbors house and then did some trick or treating around our street.  It was very quiet but perfect.  By 7pm we were all home and in bed.  

Right now our lives are school and girl scouts for Molly. Amelia and I have met some great friends and we have weekly outings with various groups.  I have heard the ice skating rink will be opening up soon, so by the end of the winter I am sure we all be skating pros!

Now, time to put away these pumpkins and take out the turkeys!


2 comments:

  1. Love everyone of those pictures! Miss you guys so much! So happy you had such a nice halloween. The girls looked great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I just showed Abby the pictures and she said, it looks like Molly grew up a little bit. Made me happy and sad.

      Delete